Click on any of the following links to learn more about a
given grammatical property of nouns.
Animate and inanimate.
- Number: Singular and plural.
- Obviation: Proximate and obviative (4th person).
- Locatives: Expressing location
or likeness with a noun.
Expressing small size or juvenility.
- Pejoratives: Expressing contempt
or low opinion.
Expressed status as deceased or worn out.
- Possessives: Expressing possession.
- Obviative Possessors
- Independent and Dependent: optional and obligatory possession.
- Vocatives: Direct address.
Forming Nouns (Derivation)
- Prenouns: Modifying nouns.
- Compounds: Putting two nouns together.
- Nominalizing Suffix -win
- Nominalizing Suffix /-n/
- Nominalizing Suffix /-gan/
- Classifier Nominal Suffixes